1/15/2016

My beauty favorites of 2015

Beauty Favorites 2015

Welcome to 2016! As I told you on Instagram I was having troubles with blogger and Windows Live Writer also, that’s why my pictures are more “wintery” because I wanted to write and upload this post at the end of 2015 before I headed to Mauritius, but no way … luckily now I only have problems with WLW. But better late then never, right? In this post I will present you my beauty favorites of 2015. Some made also an appearance in my monthly favorites, but that shows how much I like them.
Did you have a product that you used a lot last year which made it into your favorites? Just let me know in the comment section.

Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in “Translucent”

1. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
I used to set my makeup with powder but since it didn’t help me that much I just skipped that step. Honestly, the Loose Setting Powder changed my powder game. It really helps to set my makeup and prolong-wears its appearance during the day without looking powdery nor cackey. It is my go-to-powder when it comes to baking too. It is more on the pricier side but it’s really worth the money and perfect for combination to oily skin. However, if you are more on the dry side I would only recommend this powder for baking because it will dry your skin out. It is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed "Champagne Pop"



2. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Champagne Pop
Girl, if you use this highlighter you will glow even if you don’t dip your brush heavily into the pan. While I was at work my mother ran out of face powder so she wanted to use one of mine, but did not find any, so she grabbed Champagne Pop for her whole face. Man that was a gleam and yeah, I laughed at her. I know that there are mixed reviews on the product but I personally enjoy it because it adds more warmth to my skin and blends really well. It’s made for all skin tones and has a soft white gold color with pinky peach undertones. Due to the high demand Becca made it a permanent shade which makes me really happy.

Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil

3. Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil
Argan Oil is especially known for its healing and moisturizing effect, I got a sample of the Josie Maran one from Sephora and I am glad I did, because it is incredible. I used it mainly for the dry areas of my face (hello cheeks!) and for my nails and it really provided my skin with moisture so that my foundation did not look patchy plus a little goes a long way. It absorbed into the skin quickly and gave me that fresh, healthy glow.

Urban Decay Vice 4 Eyeshadow Palette

4. Urban Decay Vice 4 Eyeshadow Palette
For me 2015 was definitely the year of eyeshadow palettes, because I purchased seven of them and even I like all of them, it was a race between the Make Up For Ever "Artist Palette 2" and the Vice 4 palette. The Urban Decay one made it because it offers more options. I am into the range of colors and the formula. The downside: It is a limited edition, but it is on sale on the UD Website.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in “Potion”

5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick
In 2015 almost every brand came out with there version of liquid lipsticks, yes, these type of lipsticks are hard to work with and when they wear off you will probably get “butthole lips”, but I am sure the companies will improve their formulas. Nevertheless I love the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in “Potion”, it’s this deep smoked purple I just adore and you can definitely make this color work without looking like someone from the Addams Family (not that this would be a bad thing). It was definitely one of my go-to-colors last year.

Origins “GinZing refreshing eye cream”

6. Origins “GinZing refreshing eye cream”
This tinted eye cream really became a favorite of mine last year because it helps me to look awake and fresh. Furthermore it brightens, depuffs and diminishes dark circles.

Sephora “Flawless moisturizing lotion SPF 15 sunscreen”

7. Sephora “Flawless moisturizing lotion SPF 15 sunscreen”
You can use the best foundation but if your moisturizer sucks and doesn’t do his work, your skin won’t look so flawless as it could. Especially in summer my skin goes crazy and behaves like a diva, but this moisturizer from Sephora made that an end. It has SPF 15, a fluid lightweight texture and works perfectly for combination to oily skin and humidity areas.

Too Faced “Shadow Insurance” Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

8. Too Faced “Shadow Insurance” Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
There’s not much to say about this baby, it will help your eye shadow to last all day without settling in the crease and a little goes a long way. I am wearing it every day because my eyeshadow doesn’t move if I am using this primer, since I have oily lids which tend to break my eyeshadow.

Maybelline “Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles” in light

9. Maybelline “Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles”
Finally a product from the drugstore! The Maybelline “Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles” doesn’t break your foundation or settles in any fine lines, plus a little goes a long way. It covers dark circles or you can just use it to lighten the under eye area up.

Garnier Skin Naturals Mizellen Reinigungswasser

10. Garnier Skin Naturals Mizellen Reinigungswasser
To wear makeup is great, but to take it off is even better (in my opinion). Therefore I use the Garnier Skin Naturals Mizellen Reinigungswasser which removes the makeup easily and you don’t need to wash your face afterwards with a face lotion because it’s an all-in-1-product. It’s perfect when you don’t have much time and I love it because it erases liquid lipstick in two seconds without harsh rubbing.



Post_Signature photo signature_zpsrx7vrogj.jpg
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.