10/19/2015

Cozy days with a unique scent

You know that I am not only a sucker for beauty stuff but also for candles. A house without a candle is not a home for me. Hence it is no surprise that I own a variety of these type of home decor. Jo Malone products aren’t that cheap but I have to say that I never got disappointed by any of their stuff, so I was very lucky when a sweet friend of mine gifted me with a candle by Jo Malone in “Velvet Rose & Oud”. I wasn’t familiar with this fragrance nor did I know what “Oud” is.




Jo Malone Candle in “Velvet Rose & Oud” - € 60,- / 200 g
So, first of all, let me explain. Oud is more popular in the Middle East because they know it for over 2.000 years. The Oud oil is extracted from the resin of agarwood tree, which mainly grows in the rainforests of Southeast Asia. In India and Egypt Oud is the epitome eroticising perfumes. Last but not least: Oud Oil is one of the most expensive oils in the world, it ain't called “liquid gold” for no reason.

The candle itself has a strong and intense scent, even if you just place it somewhere without lighting it. So, if you are not drawn to such scent I would not recommend it to you. Furthermore it smells warm but flowery at the same time because it contains rose. The top note is clove, the heart one damask rose and the base note is oud wood, It really is a great combination and for me it is a fragrance that I am really into.
Besides the scent, the candle’s burn time is approximately 45 hours and it burns down evenly. Also it does look very elegant because of its black container.
There’s also a cologne by JM in the same scent available but I am not sure if I am going to buy it.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.