10/21/2015

Colorful Fall with Urban Decay


Yes, it's a brand new eye shadow palette. Yes, I said that I won’t buy one for a long, long time. Yes, I own enough palettes for the next 20 years. But, life is short, buy the shoes, or in my case the beauty stuff!

When I first saw swatches of the Urban Decay Vice4 palette on Instagram I knew immediately that I had to have it. To be honest I've been waiting for the release date, like a child on the Christ Child, also because it is a limited edition. – Finally, the waiting has come to an end so, let’s check this baby out!

Urban Decay Vice4 Palette – $ 60


What you get are 20 new and never-before-seen eyeshadows with a wide range of finishes from smooth mattes, shimmering metallics to shades laced with micro-glitter. Every shade features their Pigment Infusion System, which is a proprietary blend of ingredients for rich, velvety, blendable color that lasts.
Furthermore you get a double-ended eye shadow and crease brush, not to forget the cute bag for carrying your palette around or just protecting it and what I really like is the huge mirror that doesn’t flip back. And yes, my brush respectively my whole palette is a little bit dirty because I couldn’t wait using it – no hard feelings.

The shadows themselves have the quality I was expecting from Urban Decay. They are very pigmented, blendable and longlasting without moving anywhere. I didn’t experienced fall outs by far, except when I swatched “Low” and “Crowbar” – before using these colors I will prime my eyes with a glitter glue just to make sure nothing comes off.
Below you will find my swatches of all eye shadow shades photographed each with indoor and outdoor with natural light, just to see if there is any difference.

Last, but not least: The packaging. The case is topped with a dimensional web of broken-down facets over a matte black lid, which looks just great. It’s made of plastic and the closure is magnetic, but since 20 eye shadows have to fit in, the case isn’t that small.

Is the Vice4 palette worth 60 bucks? Yes, definitely (even if I had to pay more due to shipping costs and import duties) because you get 20 shades for $ 3 with a great quality, a double-ended brush and bag to keep your baby safe.

Bones (oyster satin with pearl) | Framed (light neutral matte-satin) | Discreet (soft dusty mauve matte) | Bitter (reddish brown matte)

Bones | Framed | Discreet | Bitter
Grip (taupe matte with micro-glitter) | Fast-Ball (metallic peachy pink with pink micro-glitter) | Grasshopper (metallic emerald with green micro-glitter) | Flame (bright orange with gold micro-glitter)

Grip | Fast-Ball | Grasshopper | Flame

Deadbeat (black satin with micro-glitter) | 1985 (metallic fuchsia with fuchsia micro-glitter) | C-Note (frosted green with micro-glitter) | Low (brown matte with micro-glitter)

Deadbeat | 1985 | C-Note | Low

Beat Down (deep metallic violet with blue micro-glitter) | Underhand (burgundy-brown satin) | Arctic (bright teal with tonal sparkle) | Crowbar (black with golden metallic pearl and micro-glitter)

Beat Down | Underhand | Arctic | Crowbar


Pandemonium (metallic plum with micro-glitter) | Harlot (metallic lavender) | Robbery (deep metallic brown-gunmetal) | Delete (deep chestnut brown matte-satin)


Pandemonium | Harlot | Robbery | Delete

As far as I know this palette will be available in Austria, but they couldn’t give me an exact release date, yet. In the meantime you can shop it at Sephora, Urban Decay, Macy’s and Nordstrom.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.