9/13/2015

August favorites


August is already over that means that it is time for our monthly favorites. Summer is gone too and made room for fall, a fact that I don’t like, because now it means freezing instead of sweating (yeah, just let me complain about it). Let’s get started with my five favorites of August:


1. The wind in your hair, sun on your skin and a floral scent that flatters your nose … just sounds like a great summer to me. Some of you may remember this post where I wrote about the Jo Malone “Wild Bluebell” Cologne – I became obsessed with it and was wearing it nearly every day in August.  For me it is just the perfect fragrance for summer or even for spring because the scent of the cologne is so unique and lightweight.

2. Moving on to the most important thing in your face (when it comes to beauty) because they build the frame of your face: eyebrows. I’ve used the eyebrow kit from Benefit for years and I thought that it is time to try out a product from the drugstore, in my case the “Brow Satin eyebrow pencil” in Medium Brown by Maybelline. On one side there is the filling powder and on the other, you’ll find the brow pencil. Even if I am not sold on the filling powder, the brow pencil is amazing, due to its great color pay off you can fill in your brows quick and easy and they still look natural.

3. Another great product you can purchase at the drugstore is the Maybelline “Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles” in light. A little goes a long way, the applicator is really great because you just twist it once and then you apply it under your eyes to cover dark circles or even just to lighten the under eye area up. If you don’t want to use your fingers to blend the product in, you can just use the applicator with back and forth motions to work it in. The eraser doesn’t break your foundation or settles in any fine lines and that’s what we expect from a concealer, right?

4. 2015 is definitely my “eyeshadow-palettes-year”. I remember me saying “you don’t need to buy and palettes for the next two years because you own enough”, I guess that’s why I already bought seven palettes this year ;-) I did not intend to buy the “Shadow Couture | World Traveler” Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills because honestly, the colors did not attract me as much as those from the “Artist Palette” by ABH, but I still got it because of a mistake the lady at Sephora did, but that’s a whole other story. Moving on: The more I played around with the palette the more I liked it. The Pigmentation is just great and you’ll find warm and also cool color tones in it.

5. Last, but not least: Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid eyeliner in “Retrograde”. It is vegan and the color looks gorgeous – it is a dark purple with purple sparkles like you can see in the swatch. The liner is waterproof and really lasts for hours without moving or fading away. The tip is perfect so you don’t have a hard time applying it on your lid.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.