8/02/2015

Summer glow: Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer

The advantage of having a friend whose wife is an US-citizen? Exactly: having the opportunity to get beauty stuff that is only available in the U.S.A. (or at least hard to get here in Austria). Since many of my favorite YouTubers raved about the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes and bronzer I had to try one of these products. That’s why I ordered a little kit from Tarte which I haven’t used yet, except for the Bronzer in “park ave princess”.

1. Tarte “Amazonian Clay Bronzer in park ave princess” – $ 30 / piece


Compared to my Too Faced “Leopard Bronzer”, this one has a lighter shade and is a little bit more pigmented (it contains shimmer, but not in an amount you need to worry about). You can see in the swatch that it is barely noticeable, but you get a better result when applied to your face. The Tarte one is waterproof and very blendable and gives your skin a natural and warm glow. Furthermore it doesn’t contain Parabens or Phthalates.
Even after I took a run at 31 degrees and sweated like hell it stayed put. Also the design of the packaging is unique, in my opinion. The downside: Made in China, which I am not really keen on because they don’t have as strict laws as other countries in the cosmetic industry.

 

To sum it up: If you ain’t like me and don’t mind in which country the product was made in – I would recommend the bronzer because of its result. Otherwise there are good alternatives like the Bourjois (drugstore) or Too Faced one.

 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm still disappointed that the best products are only available in the U.S. :( Great Blog, keep going. Best wishes from Germany

    ReplyDelete

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.