11/09/2014

Milan Haul: Spoiling myself

If you follow me on Facebook on Twitter, you might already know that last week I’ve stayed in Milan (for the first time). No need to mention that I flew there (mainly) for shopping.
There were some items on my list I absolutely wanted to buy, but aren’t available here in Austria and some I shopped by accident. Let’s go into details with my (big) haul.

 

 

 

Revlon Lip Butter in “Provocative

 

Revlon Lip Butter in “Cotton Candy

 

Revlon is one of those brands which aren’t disposable in my country and since I’ve heard good things about their Lip Butter, I went for two of them. One in “Cotton Candy” and the other one in “Provocative”. The first one leaves your lips with a touch of pink and the second gives you a slightly lavender shimmer. Both nourished my lips for four hours or even more. Great stuff!

 

Wenko Cosmetic Organiser Femme

 

 

For me it is ok if I spend 30 bucks or more for a good foundation but for a cosmetic organiser? No way. So I was very lucky when I found one on sale in the home depot. My lip products are now all stored there (as you can see in the picture below).

 

 

Rimmel London Lipstick in “#107

 

 

Last year I bought this lip stick in Rome and I used the heck out of it because it is the perfect deep red in my opinion. It is a matte one and lasts for hours without fading away.

 

Maybelline FIT me Concealer in “#20 Sand


Same here as with the cosmetic organiser: More than 15 bucks for a concealer? No, thanks. Call it Chanel, YSL, MAC or something else, I won’t buy it, ‘cause I am already satisfied with one from the drugstore. This one from Maybelline covers great - not only red spots but even my blemishes when I had acne – without looking cakey. Normally I use the shade #15, but this time I wanted to try a darker tone, #20.

 

Giorgio Armani Mascara “Eyes to kill

 

Even if I own enough mascaras at the moment I wanted to purchase this one because Tiffany is a big fan of it and she seems to be as picky as I am with mascaras, so that’s why I wanted to give it a try.

 

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in “Shock Value

 


If you can remember this post where I showed you my new lipstick from MAC in “Candy Yum-Yum” … I thought that I own a lip liner similar to this color but unfortunately I did not, so I purchased for this longwearing one.

 

Smashbox CC Cream in “#05 Light/Medium
 

I am not a huge fan of BB and CC creams, but the ones from Smashbox are really great, especially the CC. Back in the days when I suffered from Acne (due to lactose intolerance) it gave me good coverage, like normally only a foundation does.
In winter I sometimes mix it with my foundation, in summer I just wear it on its own. If you have pale skin the shade “fair” or “light” will suit you.

 
 
MAC Prep + Prime Lip
 
The shop assistant told me that this product will make your lipstick last longer and it is also great if you wear a matte one because sometimes, if you use a lip balm underneath the stick, it looks shiny. I will let you know if the product is worth a buy!
 
 
Too Faced Mascara “Better than Sex
 
This mascara with its catchy name is smudge-proof and should thicken and volumize your curls with only one coat. – I will proof that! ;-)
 
 
NARS Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner “Via Veneto
 
 
 
Even if I am very satisfied with my 24/7 liner from Urban Decay in “Perversion”, I am always on the hunt for new (and maybe better) products. So I’ve decided to try the eyeliner from Nars, which is more expensive than the UD one.
The package insert says that is smudge-proof, long-wearing and has a built-in sharpener, so let’s just try it out.
 
 
Lancôme “Teint Miracle” in “#03 Beige Diaphane
 
Déjà-vu at the Duty-Free: Hand cream and a foundation from Lancôme, but this time in a darker tone because #010 fits my skin color but I always go for a shade darker. I will just mix both to create the color that I want. It is a light, oil-free foundation with SPF 15 and suitable for normal skin.
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.