8/26/2016

What's new in beauty land? #3

When I combed through the Sephora website - this time I only relied on Sephora - I recognized that at the moment many beauty companies are coming out with mascaras and concealers and I also saw many new brands, well, at least, I've never heard of them before, but let's just see which products I would like to spoil myself with.

What's new in beauty land? #3
pic via Sephora
Image Map

1. Urban Decay - Liquid Moondust Eyeshadow
These eyeshadows are the creamy liquid version of the pressed Moondust eyeshadows from Urban Decay. The liquids contain microfine bits of iridescent sparkle and 3-D metallics. I own way too many palettes which is why I skipped the pressed version and I am not quite sure if I would use all of these colors, so I prefer to buy my desired shades individually. Just look at these swatches and make up your own mind.

2. Givenchy - Le Prisme Superstellar Intense & Radiant Eyeshadow
Honestly, I am the stupid gal that would buy this compact only because of the star-shaped pans. It is definitely on the pricier side, but from a brand like Givenchy I expect nothing less. This little palette contains three eyeshadows which are very pigmented, but versatile. You can use the glittery silver (big star) as a highlighter or the matte pink coral as a blush or highlighter as well.

3. Urban Decay  - All Nighter Liquid Foundation
Last year, I had a phase where I fooled myself believing that I would like a sheer coverage foundation. Mhm. So I bought the Urban Decay Naked skin liquid foundation which isn't bad at all, but just not my go-to product because of its coverage. So, for this year's fall collection, UD finally came out with a foundation that has full coverage and provides a matte finish. Furthermore it's oil-free, lasts all night and because of the high pigmentation you don't need to build it up, according to their description.

4. Smashbox - Studio Skin 24 Hour Waterproof Concealer

Even if I don't wanna spend money on high-end concealers since I am fine with mine from the drugstore, a pricier alternative won't kill me and maybe provides the coverage of my life. This one from Smashbox is oil-free, waterproof, hydrating and lasts throughout a 24-hour shoot. It has a creamy formula, a medium to full coverage, is buildable, and light-diffusing. Since the company has their own photo studio and uses their products on the models I don't think that the concealer won't do his job.

5. Smashbox - Master Class Palette: Lighting Theory

While I own a ton of eyeshadow palettes, I don't have one that includes shadows, highlighters, blushes etc. You know, just all-in-one. That's where this guy comes in. For someone that doesn't contour, highlight or color correct on a daily base, I would not recommend this product, but since these steps are part of my daily makeup routine (except CC, but that will change soon), this palette would be perfect. When you are traveling or spending the night at a different place you don't need to carry around twenty different products with you, which we sometimes still do. It contains: 16 eye shadows (mattes and metallics), 3 blushes, 4 cream color correctors, 3 contouring creams, 3 cream highlighters and you also get the look insert, everything for a great price, in my opinion.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.