10/02/2014

Greek love

When I was in Greece this September I made sure to spoil myself with local cosmetics. Since I was not familiar with any greek brand besides Korres, I was open to everything. So while I went shopping in Thira I did not only discover new brands but also found stuff that I've always wanted to try, but was available at a cheaper price than in Austria.
Apivita Creamy Face & Eye Foam Cleanser
Apivita “Creamy Face & Eye Foam Cleanser” – € 15,30 / 200 ml

This cleansing foam is paraben, mineral oil, silicone, sles & sls free and consists of 92 % natural ingredients. It's suitable for all skin types.
It contains lavender which soothes and olive that moisturizes the skin. They replace water with green tea infusion to enhance the antioxidant action of the products.
Korres Pomegranate Moisturising Cream-Gel
Korres “Pomegranate Moisturising Cream-Gel” – € 25,95 / 40 ml

I've heard such great things about the Korres facial creams so bought it when I had the chance to. Since it is a gel I will use it as a night treatment or in summer (hello autumn!) because of the light texture. Zinc regulates the production of sebum, while Pomegranate improves the appearance of oily skin with large pores.
Suitable for oily to combination skin.
Apivita Lip care with pomegranate
Apivita “Lip care with pomegranate” – € 4,95 / 4,4 g

I feared that the color will stain, but no worries, it just softens your lips and prevents them from cracking and drying out. This moisturized feeling lasts up to five hours (in my case).
It contains olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, avocado oil, castor oil, jojoba esters, geranium essential oil and pomegranate oil.
Korres Wild Rose 24HR-Moisturising Cream
Korres “Wild Rose 24HR-Moisturising Cream” – € 27,90 / 40 ml

The second cream I bought is the 24 hours moisturizing cream, which has also a light textures and absorbs quickly into your skin. and the smell is amazing (if you like the scent of rose). It contains corn powder that absorbs oiliness and reduces "shine", offering a matte finish. This one is also suitable for oily to combination skin.
Lancôme Teint Miracle #010 Beige Porcelaine
Lancôme Teint Miracle “#010 Beige Porcelaine” – € 41,95 / 30 ml

Since I am having a little love/hate relationship with my current (Chanel)foundation I wanted to try something new and discovered the Lancôme foundation at the Duty Free Shop (money saved!). It's suitable for normal skin and has SPF 15. The coverage is - in my opinion - great. I chose a color that is a little bit darker than my skin tone but it still looks natural.
M.A.C. Candy Yum-Yum matte
M.A.C. lipstick “Candy Yum-Yum” – € 19,- / 3 g
M.A.C. Candy Yum-Yum matte Swatches
Much as I love lipsticks with a deep red color, as much I love pink ones, especially when they give you that "bubblegum look". So Candy Yum-Yum was a must for me. It's long wearing and has a matte finish, but if you want that bubblegum effect you should apply concealer on your lips before using this lipstick.
M.A.C Lipliner Magenta
M.A.C Lip liner “Magenta” – € 14,50 / 1,45 g
 
M.A.C Lipliner Magenta Swatches
It was a little bit hard for me to find a lip pencil similar to the "Heroine" lipstick (major crush!!) but "Magenta" matches perfect and makes your lipstick lasts longer.
M.A.C Lipliner Brick
M.A.C Lip liner “Brick” – € 14,50 / 1,45 g

"Brick" is described as a golden red, but honestly it looks more like a brown-to-red tone. I've not used it yet, but I am sure that it is also as great as the other one I've bought.
M.A.C Lipliner Brick Swatches 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.