3/13/2017

Review: Urban Decay Afterdark Eyeshadow Palette

Whilst browsing through the Urban Decay Website two weeks ago this new eye shadow palette caught my attention and since I don’t own any similar colors (at least not in one palette) I did not hesitate adding it to my shopping bag.

Urban Decay Afterdark Eyeshadow Palette Review


The name says it all: The Afterdark Palette is created for going out ‘Late night, anything goes’, but of course you can use it for a day look as well. It includes ten metallic jewel-toned eye shadows - seven new and three ’classic’ shades and also a double-ended brush. On one side you get a precision brush to smudge and blend and on the other side there is a small shadow brush, perfect for applying color over the lid or in the crease, especially if your eyes are smaller or hooded.
I really like the packaging, first of all the almost holographic box it comes with and the compact is iridescent too. You also get a normal-sized mirror, which you can flip back or arrange it the way you want to.

Urban Decay Afterdark Eyeshadow Palette Review


There is no color that I don’t like, they are well-pigmented (they are featured with Urban Decay’s proprietary Pigment Infusion System™), have a great color pay-off and are long-lasting. All swatches are made without a base. Some colors may change their tone, depending on the light - I found that this is the case e.g. with Lounge. Reliant on the look I wanna go for I use Scene or Alter as a transition color or even as a highlighter for the inner corner. Sinful and Off Duty are perfect for a Smokey Bronzy Look.

Urban Decay After Darkdalette Swatches Alter, Scene, Supersonic, Sinful, Off Duty
Alter - metallic white-gold with gold shift | Scene - light metallic pinky-peach with gold shift | Supersonic - intense metallic red-copper
Sinful - metallic golden amber | Off Duty - deep metallic bronze

Urban Decay Afterdark Palette Swatches Druggie, Backfire, Lounge, Fringe, Paralyzed
Druggie - metallic purple with violet shift | Backfire - burgundy satin with purple shift | Lounge - brick red satin with green shift
Fringe - bright metallic teal | Paralyzed - navy with tonal metallic shift

I am really glad that I splurged on this palette since for me these colors are blendable, water-resistant and something I use every day since a Night-out doesn’t happen often to me. I can imagine taking this baby with me traveling because it includes subtle to more colorful/dark colors (at least for me). There sometimes is a litte bit of fall out but it never bothers me when it comes to eye shadow since I always do my eyes first, but I still wanted to mention it. The texture of the shadows is almost silky/velvety.

Lounge is a great dupe for Natasha Denonas Calypso Blue, with a bit more of the teal shimmer. Druggie is similar to Anastasia Beverly Hills Electro.
As far as I know the Urban Decay Afterdark eye shadow palette is a limited edition, retails for $ 49 and a Sephora exclusive item and currently out of stock, but you can still get it at Urban Decay UK, for example. Each eye shadow pan has a size of 1.7 g (0.006 oz).

My first makeup look out of two that I created with this palette will be up on Wednesday.

Made in USA with US and/or imported ingredients

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.