8/17/2016

July Favorites

I can’t believe how fast time flies by. I don't want to imagine that summer will be over soon, but until then we can enjoy bronzed and glowy skin and hot summer nights & I’ll keep stalking people on Instagram posting their vacation captures ;-) Let’s see which products I enjoyed most in the month of July.

July Beauty Favorites

1. Origins – Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser / 2. Urban Decay – Afterglow 8-hour powder highlighter in “Aura” /
3. L’Oréal Paris – Nude Magique Cushion / 4. Huda Beauty Lashes /
5. Urban Decay – Beached bronzer in “Bronzed


Urban Decay Aura, Urban Decay Bronzed, Origins Zero Oil, Huda Beauty, L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion

Urban Decay – Afterglow 8-hour powder highlighter
At first, I have to say that I am a sucker for packaging and I am keen on this compact. You can see the actual color of the product throughout the fishnet cutout “UD” on the lid and on the back as well. “Aura” is an icy pink with blue undertones and looks beautiful on fair skin but I like it even more when I am tanned. The highlighter blends in easily into the skin, has a smooth texture and is buildable (great if you’re heavy handed) & wore more than eight hours on me.

Urban Decay Aura Swatches

Origins – Zero oil
This cleanser is great for combination to oily skin without drying our already dry spots out. In the past “Checks and balances” was my go to cleanser but it dried my skin out so I switched to other products. “Zero oil” contains Salicylic Acid, cooling mint and saw palmetto reduce shine but however my skin feels refreshed yet not dry.

Huda Beauty Lashes
Since I use false lashes on a daily base I stocked up on lashes from Huda Beauty because I made great experiences with her products in the past. She offers a wide range from natural to dramatic styles and they are also cruelty-free. I take care of every pair so that they last me approximately ten to twelve times. What I like about her false lashes the most is that I don’t struggle with the application as I did with other brands. They don’t call her “´Queen of Lashes” for no reason ;-)

Urban Decay – Beached bronzer
Another product from the Urban Decay Summer collection 2016 I adore is their bronzer. The packaging is as cool as the bronzer one’s and here you also get a compact mirror. I wish they would have come out with more than two shades. I chose “bronzed” which is a warmer toned bronzer so not exactly the best choice when your skin has a cooler undertone like mine. I use it as a contour shade or mix it with my Too Faced “Pink leopard blushing bronzer” – that way it works best for me. It’s great for people who like a matte finish.

Urban Decay Bronzed Swatches

L’Oréal Paris – Nude Magique Cushion
I am a fan of medium to full coverage, so the term “nude” scared the hell out of me, but since I don’t wear makeup on weekends (when I am at home) or don’t want to wear an expensive foundation just for running errands, I decided to give the “Nude Magique Cushion” a try and I wasn’t disappointed at all. With one tap you get a dewy glow and you can build it to an almost medium coverage plus it’s portable and from the drugstore. I apply the foundation with a brush, but the sponge that comes with the product works as well, especially when you’re on the move.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.