4/02/2016

March Favorites

After three years my blog needed a new appearance because I couldn’t stand the old one anymore. So I hope you like the new design … it’s fresher and not as overloaded as the old one - something that was really important for me. But now let’s jump into my beauty favorites of March which mostly regard the face area and which I used on a daily basis but that’s not hard to tell from the dirty products on the picture. Happy weekend for you guys!

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in "Medium Brown" / 2. Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio / 3. Beautyblender / 4. Origins – VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer with Mangosteen / 5. Make Up For Ever – Pro Sculpting Duo in "Pink Beige"

Beautyblender
Yes, I know, this beauty tool is around for ages but I was never convinced that a beautyblender would change my makeup routine but truth to be told: it did! To apply my foundation I still use brushes because it doesn’t take as long as it would with the blender. This little spongy egg is perfect for applying cream contour products, concealer, to set powder in my under eye area … you just get a great and flawless result because it takes away the access. I am really glad that I gave it a go!

Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Definer
Eyebrows matter to me! I would rather skip bronzer or lipstick (even if I can’t live without it) than not filling in my brows. I prefer a thicker line due to my heart-shaped face to balance this out. Therefore I’ve tried many products but nothing has beaten the ABH Brow Wiz or their Brow Definer. Since I’ve discovered the last one it became my ride or die product because it has a triangular tip which makes filling in easier and more timesaving. The only downside I experienced was that my two first ones wouldn’t allow me to retract the pencil even though there is still enough of the product left. I already ordered new ones, so let’s see if it’s going to happen again. If you have thin brows I would recommend the Brow Wiz for you rather than the Definer.

Smashbox – Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio
I have to admit when the whole contouring/highlighting trend showed up again last year, I wasn’t a huge fan of it because it is time consuming if you take all the steps everyday, but what can I say? I got hooked up on it. This trio by Smashbox is just great because you get three sticks, one for highlighting, one for bronzing and one for contouring. It also includes a (free) sharpener and an insert with how-to’s for all face shapes. You can use them dry or wet, depending on the look you’re aiming for. The formula is very creamy and glides on smoothly and blends in very well. If you really use them on a daily basis you will probably be through with them soon because they are too creamy and need to be resharpened often. That’s the only con I have to mention.

Origins – VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer with Mangosteen
If you’ve read my Favorites of 2015 post you know that I am a big fan of the Origins VitaZing eye cream and after I received a sample of their tinted moisturizer, I got also drawn to it. My skin isn’t all too happy with the latest weather change so applying foundation during the last couple of weeks wasn’t exactly easy-peasy. Especially because my cheeks decided not to be dry anymore. The Origin one is a great light-weight moisturizer that provides my skin with the right amount of moisturizer.

Make Up For Ever – Pro Sculpting Duo
Last month I stocked up my contouring and highlighting products; a great one is the MUFE Pro Sculpting Duo which comes in a little compact - great for travelling! I am using the shade “01 Pink Beige” for fair to medium skin. If you are familiar with MUFE you know their gel-powder formula that blends in easily. The highlighter has a pink shimmer tone but not too intrusive and even a beginner can’t go wrong with the contour shade because it is buildable and doesn’t look orange or too dark.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ja, der Beautyblender existiert schon recht lange. Aber ich habe ihn auch noch nicht gekauft. Aber andererseits schminke ich mich auch sehr, sehr selten. Mit dem Make Up und Foundations habe ich es einfach nicht drauf :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das ist alles nur Übungssache ... wenn ich an meine Anfänge mit Make Up denke, ist mein Lachen nicht mehr zu stoppen ;-)

      Delete

© Misses new in town. All rights reserved.